I sit on the board for Wednesfield and Fallings Park Local Neighbourhood Partnership – of just LNP a council funded organisation who’s aim is to “improve the lives of local people by involving them in decisions about how services are delivered locally.
It brings together local people (both individuals and those representing community and voluntary groups), businesses, service providers and elected ward Councillors to work in partnership to make lasting improvements to the neighbourhood.” We meet regularly throughout the year to look at the LNP priorities that are set at the beginning of each year. Our priorities this year are;
- Employment and skills – Holding a cross sector event to bring employers and prospective employees together to look at where jobs are available, and what skills gap there is locally.
- Derelict land – identifying areas of land locally that could be reintroduced into the communities
- Summer / Christmas Fayre – looking at ways to sustain these events
- Wednesfield Village and canal accessibly, linking up the canal to the other areas of the village
- Communication – telling more people about and hence getting them involved with the LNP.